Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Beginning of Bike Friendly, Even Though........

Picture of bike improperly parked at bike rack
One of these bikes is parked properly at the bike rack, do you know which one is right? Hint, it's not the one on the right.
Hey, I like a good bike parking rack as much as the next person, except possibly the fine folk who hogged the parking rack like a jealous lover.  Thought of leaving a note on their bike, " the bike rack is not your bitch (non gender specific) you can't take it home, you have to share it with us other bike folks so it can stay slotty, not slutty".  Then I realized the person would most likely have no idea what I was talking about as folks here many have never seen a bike parking rack before.

And that's basically how my bike commuting night was going under some beautiful moon light.  Then I decided to pedal on out to the bookstore for some evening relaxation, smoke my pipe, chat a bit and before I could sit down to relax this happened.
Ankles red and swollen from mosquito bites that swarmed only on my ankles while riding.
Now I realize the title of this blog is Natural Biking but I gotta tell ya, I felt something very "unnatural" swarming around my ankles while I pedaled.  Kind of a warm tingling sensation as I had received dozens upon dozens of bites but only around my ankles.  Guess they didn't like my hairy legs much for as I would reach to swat and rub away the nuisance I felt dead mosquitos being brushed off from the hair on my legs.  When I finally decided I had enough and turned my bike toward home I saw the explanation for the dead insects.
Picture of mosquito truck spraying insecticide
Mosquito truck spraying insecticide out the back of the truck, that's what the spew is.  
Well, there was no way I wanted to breathe in that crap so I had to stop and wait for the chemical scent in the air to dissipate.  I was none too happy about it and decided my peaceful moonlit night time bike ride was all but ruined.  That's when a few beers are called for.  Not bad and I don't know if this town will ever be considered "bike friendly" by bike advocacy standards but I still am, bike friendly.
After all, when I got home Lisa took care of it with one of her Essential Oils in her kit.  I don't know much about the stuff, but man did it help to get the swelling and itching out.  Thank you honey, should have read this other blog article before leaving, how ironic is that?  Can hardly believe the first pack item is mosquito repellent!
Picture of doterra essential purify oil for insect bites
doterra Purify Oil for treating bug bits extracts toxins from bites.
Picture of mosquito bite relief after using doterra essential oil
Next day after treating bites with doterra essential oils, stuff works very nicely and I was able to get to sleep that night. 
Before and after photos are beautiful, after all not going to scar these beauties.

No comments:

Post a Comment